Rules & Terms of Entry
1. Entries in foreign languages must come with English subtitles.
2. All entries must have been completed AFTER 2020
3. Any film submitted to the The North Film Festival - New York City (TNFF) can be re-submitted at any time for a second chance.
4. Works in progress are accepted.
5. You must own or be given all of the rights to anything you submit to the festival.
6. Multiple entries are allowed. You can submit more than one film to the same category. But keep in mind the entry fee must be paid for each one.
7. At our discretion, we may choose to transfer a film to the correct category, but only if the appropriate level of submission fee has been paid.
8. A screening committee determines which films shall be exhibited, submissions are not guaranteed to be shown or nominated. All decisions of the committee are final. Except for the audience award, separate juries select festival winners
9. After a film has been an official selection, the filmmaker will be notified.
10. Winners will be presented with their awards during the The North Film Festival - New York City (TNFF) Awards Ceremony Gala, which will take place at the festival on Nov 11, 2023, New York City USA - Time.
11. Submissions are NON-refundable. We cannot be held liable for materials which are lost or damaged.
12. We totally retain the right to change the date and venue of the festival under special circumstances. All filmmakers will be informed about any changes through our online website + social media platforms or email.
13. If your film is selected by our festival, you automatically agree that we may use images from your project for marketing purposes for our festival. If you do not agreed, and do not consent to give us promotional rights to your material, please let us know with a call or via email; and then we will withdraw your film from the promotion of our festival. If we do not receive any notification from you within 48 hours after your film is selected, we will assume that you agree this policy.
14. We don't give your information to 3rd Parties.
15. We reserve the right to update our terms and conditions.
16. The festival will not pay any fee for screening a film.
17. By submitting to us, you give us the right to screen your film in front of a live audience in Stockholm, Sweden or ONLINE.
18. ***Due to the limited screening time, screenings are prioritized with a representative of the same who attends in person during the days of the Festival. Therefore, confirm your attendance as soon as possible, otherwise they will be moved to the Online Section. Please keep that in mind!!!***
I also acknowledge that the film submission fee does not guarantee acceptance and no refund will be provided if my film is
Applicants who do not follow the guidelines will not be accepted.
Questions regarding submissions may be directed to email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
TNFF Our Statement for filmmakers participating!
THE NORTH FILM FESTIVAL is committed to allowing
attendees to experience the TNFF free of harassment, racism, discrimination, sexism and
threatening or disrespectful behavior. We totally reserve the right to revoke,
without notice or refund, credentials or access to Festival events and venues
for those who engage in such horrible conduct.